Throughout human history many people believed that dreams were sacred messages that came from a Divine source. Modern Western culture, however, has often viewed dreams as:
1. Meaningless images
2. Random neurons firing in the brain
3. A useless recycling of past days’ events
But all of that is changing. As scientists begin to discover quantifiable evidence that dreams are important and meaningful, people are simultaneously beginning to pay more attention to the wisdom of their dreams. People are hungrier for all things spiritual like never before. Science and Theology are rapidly closing in on each other.
Dreams have inspired countless individuals to subtly and radically change the course of human history. One needn’t look far to find the relevance of dreams and their impact on humanity:
- Harriet Tubman dreamed of escape routes that helped her guide slaves to freedom.
- Jasper Johns produced the dream inspired and famous painting, The Flag.
- Robert Louis Stevenson dreamed about a man who radically transformed after drinking a mysterious potion. Upon waking, Stevenson started to write Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
- Handel heard portions of Handel’s Messiah in his sleep.
- After a terrible nightmare, Elias Howe realized his dream images offered the perfect solution for creating a functioning sewing machine needle.
- General Patton developed effective military strategies by listening intently to his dreams.
Additionally, dreams provide health warnings and methods for healing. Dreams can foreshadow cataclysmic events and help people avoid dangerous situations.
Dreams inspire career changes, shifts in perception, and help heal mind, body, soul and heart.
In short, dreams can enrich our lives by providing
- Foreshadowing of events
- Methods for healing
But, in order to benefit from the wisdom of your dreams, you have to remember them and listen to their deeper messages.
To learn more about Remembering Your Dreams, purchase my book Dreams: A Window Into Your Destiny at www.amycoello.com/resources
Amy is the Author of Dreams: A Window Into Your Destiny, How To Talk To The UnChurched, and Dream Symbols
Latest posts by Amy Coello (see all)
- Offense is Not a Fruit – Following the Matthew 18 Protocol - July 12, 2017
- How Do I Hear God’s Voice? - March 26, 2017
- Coming & Going: Leaving with Honor - March 26, 2017