Stop Tolerating Jezebel
If you discern a Jezebel spirit in your midst, confront it quickly. Time is not on your side. The longer you don’t confront it, the more damage it can do. What’s more if you tolerate that spirit, Jesus has issues with you.
I had a situation wherein I confronted a woman that violated my privacy. I confronted it strongly. Just one situation with her, no big deal could just be an error. One wrong situation does NOT make someone a Jezebel. It makes it an error.
I always teach others when dealing with a Jezebel, and this is imperative, that you must have at a minimum, at least 3 pieces of evidence of bad behavior before labeling behavior and confronting it as such.
Within an hour, I was informed of 6 other situations she perpetrated upon the leaders family and staff. That is just what they told me about in the short discussion. They were definitely incredulous about it as they told me the stories. I am 100% positive if I had stuck around God would have revealed more.
1 issue is an error.
2 issues are a coincidence.
3 issues there is a pattern.
6 issues you got yourself someone influenced to stir up dissension.
Twelve Antics of Jezebel
People influenced by a Jezebel spirit:
- Target the prophetic voice. They capitalize on opportunities to engage with the prophetic leader.
- Will twist the facts. They have selective memory. They are smooth and slick and will convince others they were innocent or meant no harm.
- Seem spiritual to outsiders. They come in talking about their prayer lives and 40-day fasts. They exuberantly share what they see in the spirit realm. They may pray eloquent prayers and prophesy encouraging words. They always have a word to share. They love the mic.
- Will try to operate through people with insecurity, emotional instability, pride, arrogance, manipulation and control. They always have an Ahab protecting them and claiming their innocence.
- Seek to isolate the leader from others who can speak into their lives and especially move quick against the prophetic people who could identify them.
- Will try to guilt you if you don’t bow to their needs. They will tell you that you aren’t operating in the fruit of the Spirit or acting Christlike as a ploy to get you to submit to what they want. They love the “that’s not Christlike card”
- Pit people against each other in the ministry—and will ultimately pit people against you. People who threaten them are set up and chased out by their Ahab.
- Look for those who are hurt and wounded or insecure and become their prophet, teacher and spiritual guide. They draw people to themselves, who become their eunuchs.
- Play the victim.
- Will not be accountable to anyone. If anyone tries to bring accountability, they accuse them of being a Jezebel. They blame shift, deflect, turn the conversation around
- Will use false repentance in order to subdue the confronter so they can continue their behavior claiming ignorance.
- Seem humble, but it’s false humility—it’s a religious spirit. False humility helps them continue to keep putting their foot in situations they don’t need to be involved in.